Monday, February 16, 2009

Old Childhood Favorites...


Even with the holiday of Valentines day over, I still cherish something sweet and yummy. I remember visiting festivals or old country like tourist attractions with old fashioned shops that sold the sweet and sparkling Rock Candy . That candy was beautiful as it sparkled of all different shapes and was put onto a stick like a sucker. I used to want to try to make it myself even....

As a child, we never had a lot of money, and as the people continue to cut back with the downfall of the economy, more of these old fashioned childhood memories keep coming back. Sometimes, the things back from the old days were the best things....

Another favorite sweet treat of mine, is the peppermint
Hard Candy . I love these any time of the year. My dad always seemed to have some sort of peppermint candies to suck on. He'd have them in his pocket at church, or even a bag of them always at home. I think today, he still has a secret stash somewhere of these... :)

--As we continue to cut back on our budget, I still try to keep some of my childhood favorites in the household though. You can always buy bulk candy for a lower price.

There's nothing like good old fashioned candy to keep one's spirit alive.

No comments:

Blog Archive