Sunday, April 26, 2009

Swine Flu....Personal Note from Ariana


I don't know about you...but I am worried.

I live in Illinois where so far as of Sunday, April 26th, there have been no confirmed cases. Yet, seeing pictures and reading the news-it is frightening me. I have heard most cases in the United States have been mild, but that still doesn't make it okay. In a way, I am kind of seeing Steven King's movie and book, "The Stand," in the back of my mind. Anytime I heard of a flu or pandemic, I think of that story. Maybe that's why it scares me so much--of course-I know it's just fiction, but this swine flu--- This is real life stuff.

I will pray every night. Pray for my family, friends, and country. I will pray for good health, and for those who need to recover. I'm still young and in my late 20's, and I am kind of hoping for a good long term life. I certainly don't want to die from being ill....

I ask each and every one of you to pray... And to please watch your health and those around you. Wash your hands, try to stay away from those who are sick, and just do your best to stay safe... We don't need this spreading across the U.S.... I don't want to re-live the fictional story of "The Stand," either...

Stay informed....

Actually...the CDC is on twitter if you are on there...
You can follow the CDC on TWITTER

Their website on swine flu is: http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/general_info.htm

If you can keep informed, don't panic, and pray---perhaps we can get past this, yet---I am uncertain, and still scared, but God is here--watching all of us...and as someone once told me--God never gives us more than we can handle...

May peace be with you......

No comments:

Blog Archive