Friday, May 8, 2009

A Month Without My Grandma (a personal note from Ariana)


It's been almost a month now that Grandma has been gone.

(*For those of you who didn't know....On April 9th, 2009, my grandma passed away at the still young age of 74. She had congestive heart failure and had been sick for the past few years. Grandma had her good and bad days. --And also had been in and out of the hospital, but had always seemed to pull through. I was close to my grandmother, and I loved her so much...I never imagined life without her.... And now---she has passed away and joined the angels in heaven--and I miss her so much)

Time flies by so quickly. My dad and I went to visit my aunt Cissy at her old house a couple weeks ago. It was the first time I had been there since grandma had passed. You could definitely feel a spirit missing from the house. There was a void.... But grandma's chair by the counter was still there-with her pad on the chair, and her glasses and magnifying glass on the counter. Her stuff was still there---but grandma was definitely not in the house.

It seems so much quieter there, and you can really feel like something is missing. My aunt is going to continue living there as long as she can....She has to be lonely in that house after being there so long with grandma. ... I admire her courage--as I could have not done the same thing....

We are definitely feeling the tugs and pulls of our hearts. We all miss grandma so much. It's weird not having her around... It was odd not hearing her input when I was there at the house---or her sighs...her laughs.. Grandma's kitty--Sassy---she knows grandma is gone too. She too-looked as if she had lost a friend... She seems bored. My family has said that Sassy will not let anyone sit in the bed where Grandma has passed....I don't think anybody has sat in that bed.... ..I don't even think anyone has sat in grandma's spot at the kitchen--or in the couch. It's almost as if she should still be there--or if maybe she is just in the bathroom for a minute--and she will be right back... But she isn't ....

--Her spirit is in our hearts...but she now lives in Heaven...I sure hope she is looking down on all of us...I really miss her.


(read more articles by Ariana at her club on Facebook...
"THE COFFEE BREAK" )

No comments:

Blog Archive