Thursday, February 12, 2009

Childhood Memories-living them out in your own house

For those women out there, when you were a little girl, did you ever play with those huge gorgeous doll houses? I had a little house that I used to play with, and could play with it for hours. The house that I always wanted though, could be found at Hobby Lobby, where you could buy the miniature furniture, and practically build it yourself.


While surfing online, I found a website, where you could buy your own miniature furniture and build your very own doll house. There's anything from leather couch outfits, to the office furniture, bathrooms, bedrooms, food, pets, and more. It's a way to build your own entire world inside a doll house-It's a way to relive your childhood.



One of my favorite items on the website was the
Miniature Mahogany Fireplace. I've always wanted a home with a fireplace, and if I had a doll house- I definitely would equip it with a fireplace. Then I would add a little rug, along with the family all in front of it. It would be just a way to dream, until I had my own little fireplace :)



Along with the fireplace and rug, I would then have to be sure my house had a cat. I love cats, and think it also would be the perfect addition for sitting in front of the fireplace as well. And of course, then were would be the office with the computer desk for plenty of internet surfing in my comfy office chair.



Those would be a few of the necessities that I would add into my house. In a way, when you build a doll house-I guess it could help you decorate your own home as well-It would be a wonderful inspiration for ideas and how to place your furniture. ---Remember-you are never too old to live out your childhood dreams-It's okay to have a miniature house inside your big one-Just tell them you need decorating ideas :)

No comments:

Blog Archive